[email protected]
+30 693 11 23 014

Skip to Content

Legal Papers for Chinese Citizens

Legal Papers for Chinese Citizens for a civil wedding in Greece

  • Copies of bride and groom’s passports and witness (no apostille is required or translation)
  • Bride’s and groom’s full birth certificates that means both parents names should be in the birth certificate  (shorter versions are not acceptable) apostille and translation in Greek is required
  • Marriage Ordinance , apostille and translation in Greek is required
  •  Divorce Certificate(s) / Decree(s), for divorced parties. Certified copies of each divorce is required, and  apostille and  Greek translation is required
  • Deed poll / name change / adoption papers are required for each party (if applicable) in certified copies. Apostille and Greek translations are required.

Legal Papers for Chinese Citizens: All of the above documents (with the exception of passport copies), and including their apostille stamps, must also be provided in Greek translation and certified by the Greek  Embassy / Consulate in your country.

Embassy of Greece in Beijing, China
17/ Floor, THE PLACE TOWER, The Place, No.9 Guang Hua Lu, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100020
Tel:  +8610-6587 2838 +8610-6587 2838
Fax: +8610-6587 2839
E-mail: [email protected]

Office Hours (Embassy): 09:00 – 17:00 (Mon. – Fri.)
Office Hours (Consular Office): 09:30 – 11:30 (Mon.- Fri.)

An apostille stamp is the seal of the relevant State / Country / Commonwealth office  in accordance with the Hague Convention; it allows the stamped document to be used officially in a foreign country. The stamp refers the relevant legislation and indicates the validity of the document for international use.
You can obtain these stamps from

All Legal Papers for Chinese Citizens must be sent six weeks electronically to us, prior to your wedding in Greece, to allow us to confirm that all paperwork is in order.

Please bring all the originals with you and they remain at the civil office

You must remain in Greece for at least one  business day after your  civil wedding, as you will need to sign your Marriage Certificate at the local town hall.

Back To TopBack To Top