[email protected]
+30 693 11 23 014

Skip to Content

Legal papers for Australian citizens for a civil wedding in Greece

Legal Papers for Australian Citizens and Citizens of other countries for civil wedding in Greece

  • Copies of bride and groom’s passports (no apostille is required or translation)
  • Bride’s and groom’s full birth certificates that means both parents names should be in the birth certificate  (shorter versions are not acceptable) apostille and translation in Greek is required
    Marriage license or a letter of No Impediment to Marriage must be provided for both the bride and groom. This document confirms that you have never been married and are free to marry. It can be obtained  at your local Registry or Statistics Office, and must be issued within three months of the wedding date. Apostille and Greek translation is required.
  • Divorce Certificate(s) / Decree(s), for divorced parties. Certified copies of each divorce is required, and  apostille and  Greek translation is required
  • Deed poll / name change / adoption papers are required for each party (if applicable) in certified copies. Apostille and Greek translations are required.

Legal papers for Australian citizens are all of the above documents (with the exception of passport copies), and including their apostille stamps, must also be provided in Greek translation and certified by the Greek  Embassy / Consulate in your country.
Legal papers for Australian citizens: All documents must be sent six weeks electronically to us, prior to your wedding in Greece, to allow us to confirm that all paperwork is in order.

Please bring all the originals with you and they remain at the civil office

You must remain in Greece for at least one business day after your wedding, as you will need to sign your Marriage Certificate at the local town hall.

For  more information on  how to obtain apostille stamps please visit

Back To TopBack To Top